bodies of Ugandan men who were working in Kuwait
The bodies that were returned in the afternoon of Thursday 13th September belong to Mujjuzi John Torres and Bekalaze Charles whose cause of death is still a mystery.

Two of three bodies of Ugandan men who were working in Kuwait have been returned to Entebbe International Airport.

The bodies of Ugandan men that were returned in the afternoon of Thursday 13th September belong to Mujjuzi John Torres and Bekalaze Charles whose cause of death is still a mystery.

The family members of the deceased insisted that the two travelled to Kuwait in May this year seeking employment but to their surprise, they died there just a month after.

Relatives of the deceased also add that upon learning of the news of the death of their members, they cried out to Spotlight Recruitment International, the company that worked on their travel to Kuwait but they were not successful until they involved the statehouse anti-corruption unit last week.

According to the Police CID under the State House Anti-Corruption Unit, they are still investigating the circumstances under the two men died.

Police also indicated that the directors of Spotlight Recruitment International have since been arrested by Police and interrogations into human trafficking of persons are ongoing.

They also add that investigation concerning the death of the two men have begun with a report to also be issued soon.

What next for people seeking employment outside the country

Earlier, the Mukono Municipality Member of Parliament, Hon Betty Nambooze raised claims of Ugandans who run to seek employment outside Uganda in particular, Arab countries.

READ  Katwe United FC advance to FUFA Big League

According to Hon Nambooze, there should be standard procedures that companies should follow to connect people to these foreign countries.

This is what Hon Nambooze said following the return of the 23 girls who had been mistreated in Jordan.

“Some of these girls might even die if they don’t get better treatment. Some of them mentioned that when they got minor illnesses, they were given medicine which made them unconscious and on waking up, they realised that they had been cut on the stomach,” this is what Hon Nambooze said earlier about the Jordan returnees.

Hon Nambooze in her words said that she was suspicious that could have been a move to remove the body organs of the girls.

Besides, Nambooze identified one victim, Doreen Magezi from Namanve in Mukono who requested her to help them (the 23 girls tortured from Jordan) return home.

According to Nambooze, when those girls begged for their return, they were told to pay US dollars 3000 (Shs11,134,500) for their freedom.

By John Dalton Kigozi